Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm Back!

Well, I was never really gone... But I have been a bit MIA around the blog.

To say it was a busy summer is an understatement.

First, there was Engage09. Loved it! And so jealous that I won't be able to make the Encore.

Then in July I headed up to Atlanta's AmericasMart Home and Gift Show to scope out some new event decor suppliers. (Found some awesome containers, candle holders, crystal strands, individual bud vases, and more!) AmericasMart is a wholesale market open only to businesses, and it was incredible to see the quality of design products on the market today. Also while in Atlanta, we took our little man to the Georgia Aquarium and had a blast. Jacksonville really needs an aquarium!

We also did quite a bit of personal travel, with visits to family. The most recent of which occurred last week, as I made the long drive up to Illinois for my grandpa's funeral. It was a sad time, but we are thrilled for him as he is in a much better place. He lived almost 91 years, and touched so many lives. It was also good to see so many family members again, despite the circumstances.

And of course, in between all that, I've been busy working on weddings!

We're gearing up for a busy fall season and look forward to bringing you some amazing eye candy! Definitely some weddings coming up that have me super-excited.

Stay tuned to the blog! :)

2 comments:

Sonja said...

Wow! I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever! I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather! He's in a much better place now though! :)

Can't wait to see what's coming!!!

xoxox

Kerline Docteur said...

My condolences to you Cassie! 91 years is a long time to have been a blessing to you and your loved ones. His memory lives on in each and every one of you.

I hope the upcoming season is a fantastic one!