Saturday, August 23, 2008

ABC State Meeting

This weekend I am enjoying networking and educational sessions at the 2008 Florida State Meeting for the Association of Bridal Consultants. The meeting is being held in St. Petersburg, FL, and while a friend and I had to battle Fay on the roads yesterday to get here, I must say it is nice to see some blue skies after our week of tropical weather.

Topics covered today included "Overcoming Tentaphobia","Branding Professionalism", and "Contracts for Non-lawyers."

The "tentaphobia" session was one of my favorites. While I don't personally feel that I suffer from "tentaphobia", as I absolutely LOVE tented events, I did however learn some things I didn't know about specific pricing issues. Did you know it can cost anywhere from $3,000 to $8,000 just to air-condition a tent? Just something to think about when planning that outdoor wedding!

This evening we had a cute cocktail reception out by the hotel pool (colors were hot pink and green, so of course I loved it!) and I received an "award" for being one of our Northeast Florida Local Networking Group Co-Directors (that's a mouthful, isn't it?)

More fun sessions are coming tomorrow, and we get started waaaay too early, so it's off to bed, but hopefully I'll remember to take some pictures tomorrow!

No comments: