Tuesday, March 9, 2010

We're making things happen!

It's time for a business and personal update.

We have definitely been making things happen for Flaire Weddings and Events in the past few months, and more to come in the coming weeks!

One of my big projects for the beginning of this year was to put together our spring intern team. Well, two wonderful interns will be joining our team and will try their hand at their first wedding this coming Saturday. Blog interviews for each of them will be coming soon.

Next up, a HUGE project that I have been working on behind the scenes for quite some time now -- another division of our company is opening up soon! We are in the final stages of prepping for its launch, and you're sure to hear much more about it in the days to come.

Finally, I'm working on streamlining some business processes and putting new systems in place to keep Flaire running like a well-oiled machine! :)

Personally, there are couple things we still need to "make happen."
"Baby sister," as my three-year-old son Ian calls our new little one, will be here in 8 short weeks.

That's quite exciting. There's only one problem. Her nursery: a construction zone.

We live in a 90-year-old historic home, and we recently decided to renovate the nursery. Which meant removing the plaster walls and installing new wiring. And that's been done.

That's all that's been done.

SO, we are now at crunch time to get this project finished before our little bundle arrives! (And when I say we, I TOTALLY mean my hubby. He gets to have all the construction fun by himself.) I'm better at saying, "This goes over here," or "I'm picturing something like this," while he actually wields the nail gun, drywall sanding tools, wire cutters, etc.

On top of this baby project, he's also working on graduating from law school (which will happen this May!!!) and prepping for the bar exam this summer.

Needless to say, 2010 has been off to a busy start!

I can't wait to update with more news about the upcoming developments, and look forward to sharing more in the future! :)

3 comments:

Boyd Bettis said...

Proud of you guys! You are taking things to the next level!

Looking forward to seeing what you come out with.

Sonja said...

I can't wait to see what you have coming! and I'm so happy for you Cassie! I've been waiting to hear what you're having and have been thinking about you alot lately! I know you wanted a little girl! So I'm glad that she'll be here soon!! :)

& Congrats to your hubby!!! woo!

Erin said...

EVERYTHING is SO EXCITING! I can't believe #2 will be here in 8 weeks! I love reading your blog, considering I NEVER get to see you anymore!